Thursday, April 14, 2011

Review - Foreplay by Jill Myles


Short review today for Jill Myles short story Foreplay, a prequel to her popular Succubus Diaries series.

Blurb:
How did Jackie Brighton get turned into a succubus? She can’t remember – all she knows is that she woke up in a Dumpster. This short story tells the tale of that night, and sheds a little light on her masters’ motivations...
I have not yet read any of the Succubus Diaries series, so Foreplay is my first foray into that world. That said, I was pleased with this short story. In a few pages, Myles was able to establish a sympathetic heroine with firm GMC and begin building the rules of the world I assume stretch into the Succubus Diaries novels. While Foreplay didn't blow me away, it was a quick, satisfying read. Were I an established fan of the series, I imagine it would have shed light on questions the stories have not yet addressed. Even so, as a reader unacquainted with the series I did not feel like I was missing any information that hampered my reading enjoyment. I imagine Foreplay did exactly what it set out to do; it whet my appetite and gave me just enough information about Jackie Brighton and her mysterious "master" to make me want more. Gentlemen Prefer Succubi, the first in the series, has been on my TBR pile for a while. It has just achieve a higher ranking.

Rating: 3/5

~Lily

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...