Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book By Its Cover - Paranormalcy


Today's Book By Its Cover is Kiersten White's YA debut Paranormalcy.

Synopsis:

Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.

Normal is so overrated.


Lily's Thoughts:

I think the cover is lovely; the darkened sky, the cattails bowing in the wind. Even so, I can't get over the creepy similarity the model bears to Scarlett Johansson. Seriously. It can't just be me seeing this, right? I imagine this is what a young, paranormal Scarlett Johansson would look like...if, you know, someone stole her soul leaving her dead eyed and hollow.

*Shudder*


Helena's Thoughts:

I love the cattails blowing in the wind and the stormy sky background. The girl is just a little weird. What is with the completely vacant stare? And her dress looks exactly like my dog's Halloween costume. Yes I dress up my animals and yes she has been a pretty in pink princess complete with hat and train for years. :) I agree with the statement that normal is overrated. I don't quite get why the girl is so glamorous looking if she works with a secret paranormal agency. I would expect more of a black leather tough exterior...maybe that was the whole idea though, to drive home that things are not always what they seem. The story sounds pretty neat but typical of the genre. I am really not sold on the cover but it does have its cool points.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...