Friday, April 16, 2010

An Odd Coincidence

It is just my (unresearched and completely biased) opinion, but Comedy Central's new cartoon Ugly Americans looks like the kind of inane cable garbage that I generally take as a symbol of the immanent apocalypse. And this is coming from a girl who *likes* the paranormal.

I haven't actually watched an episode because 1) I don't feel like sacrificing 30 minutes of my life to such banality and 2) I never claimed to be unbiased in this review so I don't feel I have to justify my opinion of the show by actually watching it. In fact, there is only one thing about Ugly Americans that intrigues me enough to write this post.

After a quick stop by the Comedy Central web site, I learned that the relatively normal looking cartoon man I've seen on the commercials for this show is one of the main characters, a human named Mark Lilly.

Now, it may be just me, but does Mark look oddly similar to anyone else in paranormal pop culture?

Someone that is, oh, maybe an *icon* of the paranormal right now?

Someone who causes grown women to act like tweens and tweens to act like they're experiencing the second coming of the Beatles?

A certain undead vegetarian heartthrob, perhaps?
Is Mark Lilly of Ugly Americans a cartoon version of Edward Cullen?


Maybe a slightly closer shot.

I leave it to you to decide.

~Lily

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...